Saturday, August 14, 2010

Still working on changes...

© 2010 Joshua Stark

While I determine just how I want to organize my page here, and I learn my photo software, here's a quick look at some stuff from this year.

As you know, the ducks slaughtered my greens, but my tomatoes, tomatillo, basil, zucchini, and chard have all survived enough to provide for us - the tomatoes/tomatillo in particular.

Here's a sampling of our bounty this year:


The big bottle is next year's nocino, the vinegar is a blackberry-infused cider vinegar, the jars are blackberry jam (left) and green walnut ketchup.  I think the others are self-explanatory.  And here are a couple of eggs, in a spot where the ducks have decided to lay them:


Look closely, they are there.

Also missing is my basil, which is about 5 feet tall, and bell peppers and tomatillos, which have been slow in getting edible, but soon will whelm us (or, in the case of the tomatillo, overwhelm us).

No comments: